Seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, my paradigm of life shifts, giving me clear spiritual vision. My position in heavenly places changes my earthly perspective. I learn to see a greater reality in the spirit than what I see with my natural eyes. In the midst of the world’s chaos, I live in the spirit, Holy Spirit. Spiritual realities contradict the world’s chaos. Where there is confusion, I have peace. Where there is fear, I have faith. Where there is anxiety and worry, I have hope – in Christ. I live from this place each moment of my life.
Live by impulses of the spirit – motivated to pursue spiritual realties. Romans 8:5 (Passion Translation)
Spiritual realities form the foundation of a life, flowing and living in the spirit – in the world but not of the world. Knowing that I am a spiritual being in Christ, my identity, purpose and destiny forms in another kingdom where Christ is King and Lord. I live, move and have my being in Him, outside of time and space, in the Spirit. Infused with life in Christ, I live in the earth, bringing His life and light to flow in my life while I am physically here. Eternal realities flow in and through me in Christ.
I am an eternal being in Christ. My life is hidden in Him. From that spiritual reality, I see with a new lens of spiritual sight. I am in time for such a time as this. I don’t escape the darkness of the world but I am not captured by its journey into deeper realms of chaos. My spiritual life is a way in Christ that I live, move and have my being right in the midst of it all.
Now, how does one pursue spiritual realities?
- Listen to the voice of God. Above all, know that as a child of God, you can hear your Father speak to you. He sets your course in life. He takes you higher into purpose and destiny. His voice is right here, even in all the noise. Learn to listen.
- Know that Christians are spiritual beings in Christ. Be aware and fully present in that reality, discerning not only the times but also the times in your day. Discern the spirits that are not Holy Spirit – fear, anxiety, or worry to name a few.
- Live in the light of revelation and learn to discern the darkness so that when it attacks you know where it is coming from whether that is at work, at home or out and about in your day. Learn to pick up on what is going on in the spiritual realm at all times.
- Ask Holy Spirit to fine-tune your spiritual senses. Talk to God. Pray in tongues. Learn to listen to Him as you are moving about your day so that you can move in prophesy, words of wisdom or knowledge. Be alert to know how to respond to people with words of hope and love. Also be alert to situations where darkness may escalate right before your eyes. The Spirit may quietly tell you to pray, to leave, or to take some sort of action.
- Spend time with the Lord, times of worship and prayer. From these times of intimacy, glory saturates your life so that the light shines so bright that when moving throughout your day, the light of Christ penetrates the darkness and always overcomes it.
- Discern, watch, and always listen with spiritual eyes and ears. Be contrary and contradictory in your Christian walk. How? Flow in an opposing spirit of humility, grace and love no matter what you face. This flow will bring down strongholds and barriers that present themselves along your path each day. The darkness cannot comprehend this type of heavenly strength and will flee, confused and dismantled.
- Grow in wisdom and knowledge in the Lord through reading His word.
These are just a few thoughts for today. As a Christian, learn to walk in a greater spiritual reality in Christ. Holy Spirit will teach you.